Sunday, April 3, 2011

Word of the Week..

FAMILY

This week my Grandma Nita went to be with the Lord. The past 3 weeks have been so busy with frequent trips to the hospital/nursing home. My dad's side of the family is so big. My grandparents had 4 children, 16 grandchildren (counting spouses), 10 great grandchildren, and LOTS of extra extended family. We found ourselves squeezing into the cramped hallways and in Grandma's bedroom of the nursing home. Everyone was there, crying together, telling stories, laughing, sitting, and loving on Grandma. We all were able to tell her how much she meant to us and what an impact she had on our lives before she passed away. We were able to tell her how much we loved her and that it was okay for her to go home, where she belongs. She ended up passing away on Tuesday morning (3/29). Although it was difficult for us to let her go, we knew that's what would be the absolute best for her. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday we all gathered in Grandma's little house and fellowshipped. I just closed my eyes and listened to the sound of ALL of those people laughing and loving each other. I could just hear my Grandpa's big belly laugh in the background of it all and I could picture my Grandma's sheepish smile. God had used them in such a mighty way.. They gave birth to a FAMILY. A family that LOVES no matter what. A family that PULLS TOGETHER in hard times. I can't express how thankful I am for that wonderful family that has given me too many memories to mention..

This weekend, Matt's parents came to Jonesboro all the way from Atlanta! Saturday night my parents and I went out to eat with them and then took them to see mine & Matthew's house in Paragould! Today they came over and we spent the afternoon together in Doniphan. Then this evening was our wedding shower at the church! Afterwards, we all stayed for the church service and Matt lead my church in worship for one song. Let me just begin by saying I'm SO thankful for the amazing FAMILY I'm marrying into. They're so loving and I feel like I've known them my whole life. It's so important to get along with your in-laws and I've just really been blessed in the in-law department (including my future big brother-in-law!).

There were SO many people that came to our wedding shower! I was so overwhelmed by the love that I felt from my church FAMILY. We received so many heartfelt messages and little notes in cards that meant the world to us, sooo many generous gifts, and even a few very sweet handmade gifts. It all meant the world to me. But what meant the most were all of the hugs, tear filled eyes, and words of encouragement that we were met with after the shower was over. I truly do LOVE the people of First Church, Doniphan. They'll always be my family.

Throughout this past week when I was surrounded by loved ones at the funeral, Grandma's house, the church, or even our own home, I just couldn't get over the staggering realization. FAMILY and COMMUNITY are so important in life. Life is about relationships. So, cherish, foster, love, appreciate, and work on the relationships in your life. They're SO important (One in particular, and a life long relationship with Him is definitely worth the effort). My heart is overflowing with the love I've experienced this last week.. with my family. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment