Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful Heart

Every year when Thanksgiving rolls around, it causes me to stop and think about everything in my life that I'm so grateful to have. (Very cliche, I know.) I'm always so thankful for my family, friends, home, car, education, talents, church family, and privileges. This year, I have something new to be thankful for that I never knew existed. A relationship based on and revolving around God. I mean, of course I knew these relationships existed, I just never had any idea what it could possibly feel like to be in one. This is going to be super cheesy so if you don't like those sorts of things I would advise you to stop reading ;)


Matthew and I met in September (crazy, I know) through mutual friends. We happened to be in the same place at the same time. If I didn't believe in God's plan I would think it was a total coincidence because I was supposed to be in Jonesboro the following weekend, not that one, and plans were changed last minute. Anyways, we met and it all went from there. God has been in the center of this relationship throughout the duration of it all. I had no idea how fulfilling a God sanctioned love really could be! The night Matthew told me he loved me was proof more than anything that God approved of our relationship. He took me to Craighead park and we talked forever like we always do and then he explained to me that he knows it might seem crazy but that he was falling in love with me. It melts my heart all over again just thinking about it :) But anyways, while he was telling me these things, there was a warm breeze blowing that felt like it had a sense of urgency to it. I felt like God was physically RIGHT THERE and that He was so pleased with everything that was happening. Afterwards, Matthew played me the Dave Barnes song On a Night Like This. It was all just so perfect.


If you haven't read the book When God Writes Your Love Story, you really should. It changed my life. That was what God used to speak to me and to let me know that I wasn't succeeding in finding true love on my own and that I had nothing to lose and everything to gain by loving and trusting Him with my love life. I am SO thankful that I did! Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This is coming from God Himself, why would we ever think for a second that it isn't true? Has God ever lied before? No, He hasn't. We need to trust Him with all of our hearts! I've handed Him the pen and asked Him to be the author of my love story and trust me, there's not a more beautiful story in the world than that of a God written story.


I'm thankful that He gave me the courage and strength to trust Him with that area of my life, I'm thankful that He's given me such a peace and assurance that I've found who He wanted for me, and I'm so thankful that God gave me Matthew. Once again, as cliche as it sounds I couldn't ask for more :)

1 comment:

  1. Well you know how precious I think you two are but I'll tell you again anyway! I'm so happy for you guys & I love watching your relationship flourish :)

    ReplyDelete